Composure is a state of being calm and tranquil during pressure-packed moments. In a normal state, the composure of a person is rather charming, behaves inspiring and work highly efficient; however, the composure becomes drastically difficult to handle when the same person is at the peak of pressure. Maintaining composure is sometimes as easy as counting the candies in a jar and sometimes it is as hard as counting the stars in the sky.
Practice the following tips to maintain composure when pressure mounts:
- When you are under pressure take a deep breath or drink some water as this make it easy for you to revert back to a normal state.
- Don’t immediately react to the person emotionally, remain calm.
- Avoid adding phrases that add fuel to the situation and walking away is not recommended because it flares up the ego.
- Practice providing a solution to a problem before it gets out of hand.
- A firm voice and tone is always recommended, don’t raise your voice just because the other person raised his voice. If you do so, then you are creating a path for others to judge that you are out of control.
- There shouldn’t be an oscillation in your positive attitude, be fearless, nothing can hurt your emotions unless you take it more seriously than required, with a negative attitude.
- Laughing reduces stress, using humor allows you to take back your power, so find an immediate source of laughter.
Established in the United Arab Emirates, Ecube has been successfully delivering leadership, management and soft skills training programs to corporate. It’s training titles include situational leadership, time management, stress management, customer service and sales training across the Gulf including Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Kuwait. Every training session is preceded by a training needs analysis and is followed by measurement of training results.